Parent Visa

Massachusetts and Connecticut Immigration Lawyer

Parent Visa At The Harrington Law Firm we help clients from Connecticut and Massachusetts deal with family immigration cases involving petitioning for parent visas. If you are a United States citizen, you can petition your parents to come to the U.S. on a parent visa. The parental immigration process can be complex, because "parent" is not defined under U.S. immigration law, so establishing the relationship depends on meeting the existing definition of "child". For fathers of children born out of wedlock, it is also necessary to show that there was an ongoing parent/child relationship before the child reached 21. Parents may also be able to seek a parent visa through their stepchild.

In most cases, parents are classified as immediate relatives and don't have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available once the INS approves the application filed for them.

The waiting time for an immigrant visa after the National Visa Center or foreign service post receives the approved petition depends mostly on workload permitting. The post may begin processing the approved petition upon receipt as immediate relative visas aren't numerically limited by statute.

For additional information regarding Parent Visas, please contact The Harrington Law Firm.

About the Harrington Law Firm

The Harrington Law Firm is your ally and partner for your immigration and nationality legal needs in both Connecticut, Massachusetts and throughout the United States. The Harrington Law Firm will be there for you step by step throughout the entire process to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Just as importantly, the Harrington Law Firm is truly devoted to its clients. We understand the steps you need to take to improve your legal status in the United States and are always available to answer questions and assist with the process.



Nancy Harrington
Attorney Nancy Harrington

Yes, I will meet with you and get to know what immigration issues you have. I will formulate a plan of action and discuss it with you. I will ask for certain documents and will complete the relevant forms and file them. I will keep you informed as to the progression of your case. I will help you from the start of the case until the end of the case.

Yes I do attend the marriage interview with you both. I will meet with you both 3-4 weeks before the interview to review what documents you need to bring. I will also conduct a practice interview with you to make you more comfortable with the process.

I have successfully handled Permanent Residency cases and Naturalization cases where my client had been arrested. Every case is different. It depends on the charges and the outcome of the case.

Yes, I accept credit cards and payment terms can be established.